Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,132   Online: 961

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have almost all my walls covered with other photographers work on it. I want to have work that inspires me, makes me stop and slow down and see what wonderful work is seen and done. I have my library too.
    Then I grab my gear and go forth and try to do my work.
    I once attended a lecture by Carol Burnett and she shared that she stays fit by playing tennis. She likes to play against someone who is a better then herself. Gives her a challenge.
    I like to think that the work I have on my walls does this to me. And what I see on APUG's and other website galleries do for me as well. I'm trying to better myself by seeing work of others who I admire.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a color shot from Emerson Matabele (I believe it's a cibachrome) and a color shot from Will Connor in my upstairs hallway. I have a black and white (selenium toned) by Janet Woodcock in my living room. I purchased all 3 at art fairs in New England and was very picky. I love all 3 (especially Janet's).
    I have a bunch of exchange prints ready to hang in my craft room, but haven't gotten around to it. Some are from APUGers, some from photochimps.com and some from camera clubs.
    I do have a couple of mine up in the mud room.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a very mixed bag of stuff around the house - mostly photography, 1/2 to 2/3 of which is mine, but I also have a vintage Maxfield Parrish print, an etching of a bullfighter I bought in Segovia, Spain, a very large mixed media painting that hangs over the bed in my bedroom, a variety of Asian (mostly Chinese) watercolor paintings, and an antique pencil sketch of the cathedral in Siena. Most of the artwork in the house that isn't by me is antique or otherwise vintage, mostly anonymous.

Other than the big mixed media piece, I don't have much in the way of painting because I'm just not THAT into painting. I can't find much in the way of modern painting that appeals to me stylistically and is also in my budget. I saw some intriguing work in a gallery in Barcelona but it was well outside my budget, even for the small pieces, and the small pieces were not ones I liked. I keep an eye out when I'm travelling, and even around town here, but it's so hard to find something.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have a mixed bag for sure.

One from Karsh
    One from Arthur Rothstein
    Bobby Orr flying through the air that he gave me.
    Henderson scoring the team Canada winning goal against Russia that Denny gave me.
    Two from Jorge
    Two from Ansel Adams

The rest of the walls have my stuff on them.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I have a mixed bag for sure.

One from Karsh
    One from Arthur Rothstein
    Bobby Orr flying through the air that he gave me.
    Henderson scoring the team Canada winning goal against Russia that Denny gave me.
    Two from Jorge
    Two from Ansel Adams

The rest of the walls have my stuff on them.

-rob
    I likey number three!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sometimes my work feels like someone elses , does that count ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Only if you're bi-polar. No Mike, he didn't mean that. Yes he did, Michael, or are you just STOOPID?! STFU, Mike.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In my house there are many b&w prints on the walls: some of mine, some of my son Stephen's, plus 3 Andre Kertesz, 5 Carol Marino,1 Arnold Newman, 1 Gary Winogrand, 1 Werner Bischoff, 1 Eugene Smith, 1 B.A. King... Obviously, wall-space is at a premium around here. If photographers don't buy the work of other photogaphers who will?

Morry Katz - Lethbridge, Canada

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have prints of a half dozen Walker Evans' 8x10 FSA photographs that I bought from the Library of Congress. The LC did a great job of printing, and its prices are very affordable. I've read that Evans was unhappy about his FSA work being so cheaply available, but when he signed up with the government back in the '30s he knew that would be the case. (I've also read that he shot his FSA subjects twice and kept one negative for his own files!) So-called "real" Evans prints are way out of my price range.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Only if you're bi-polar.
    Yes I believe that I am , but I am not sure which one of me

No really, some works go back thirty years , they seem like someone else's. Sometimes I run across some piece at friends or family that I have not seen for a long while , I stand and stare at it until I start to feel like I am staring back at myself...weird

Back to the original question , I collect other people works , but I learn and get inspired from my last successful print more then anyone else's ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin