Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,580   Posts: 1,545,762   Online: 1060

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, only other photographers.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    A dye transfer print by Ctein, of Pahoehoe (sp?).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, here goes . . .

Three 8x10 on 11x14 originals of Grace Christie by Underwood & Underwood NY (signed by Underwood), possibly platinums

Two original soft-focus pictorial portraits by Dorothea Lange (signed 1921)

One period SG print of modern dance, possibly a study by Arnold Genthe, Lange, or school of White. I also have the original photograph used to create the finished print. One of my favorite photographs.

A hand colored SG print of the Washington Monument with trees in bloom by C.O. Buckingham, blind stamped Buckingham. Studio stamped.

Several photographs awaiting suitable frames . . .

About twenty late 1800's albumen prints by Jean Gilletta (Nice), X Phot, A. Noack (Genova), y Edizioni Brogi.

One original portrait by Photo-secessionist Olive M. Potts, signed and stamped by the photographer.

Another period SG print of modern dance, in the style of Arnold Genthe, Lange or School of white. Unsigned

Two original portraits by H. T. Koshiba, family photographer for over thirty years to John D. Rockefeller. Koshiba's block stamp.

Adorning some walls is the start of a small collection of original etchings which I find just as interesting as photography. Included in these is a 18x26 hand-colored Albert Fitch Bellows etching "The Village Elms", printed by James Tyroler 1903. And also several original etchings by Parisian master engraver Léopold Robin (signed).

I think I'll be in heaven when an original Brett Weston, a WH Fox Talbot, and a couple signed László Moholy-Nagy photograms hang on my walls. Collecting original photography and practicing the art of photography makes for a very fulfilling pastime.
    Last edited by anon12345; 05-30-2010 at 11:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a print by Cole Thompson. (signed)

Steve

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let's see: Three - no five - of mine, all hung by my wife. And 12 others, likewise. I'm feeling overrepresented..
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A bunch of images that I haven't turned over for a while - Les Mclean, A. Adams, JD Callow, a few of mine. Oh and a very nice Ole Tjugen, in fact could do wth some more.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After building up my home gallery of my own Ilfochrome images, I am now sniffing out other photographers' works that impresses upon me enough to get a representative work from them up on the wall. To that end, I've got one fellow APUGer who has prepared a rainforest waterfall print for me to put on the wall here.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aside from the usual family photos only my own work is on the walls. I used to have some large AA lithos but have no room in my smaller house these days.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an original Wallace Nutting antique hand-colored print in fair condition on my wall..original frame as well. Hand coloring prints is a dying or dead art that I would like to try someday. I wonder...would that be considered "post processing". : )

I also have a small 4x6 discrete nude in a desk frame by (??) purchased from the photographer on ebuyware. I actually may have two of his prints. I also have another auction buy.. a man suited up at the beach ( early muscle beach) that someone wrote in red ink " Always Willie". Huh huh. It always gets giggles and gagas from the guests. There is probably a million of them out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have several Frank Meadow Sutcliffe images and a few by Sydney Smith of Pickering.

I said about 25 years ago that I'll hang one of my own photos on the wall when they are good enough. Still hoping...
    Steve

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin