Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,058   Online: 963

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Do you have any prints of other artists on your wall?

Seems to me that most people dont have any photography prints displayed at their house other than family photos.

Do you have any prints displayed from photographers other than yourself?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No...but I do have some prints given to me by friends, and I have photo books that I like to look at. I have some art by others on my walls, but it is not photography.

When it comes to photography, I like to "snuggle up" with it in litho-printed form way more than I like to look at it on the wall.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I have prints from the last print exchange hanging up. Stuff from Sweden I believe. I am too tired to get up and look at the moment.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have just one... a reproduction of "Winter Sunrise: Sierra Nevada...". There's a very nice label on the lower front with the initials "AA". I bought it at a garage sale many years ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I only have artwork by other other artists on my wall: paintings, comic book illustrations, japanese calligraphy and photography.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I have several exhibition prints that I really like given to me by photographer friends over the years that I framed in identical frames, and have on my walls.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 12-02-2009 at 01:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    When it comes to photography, I like to "snuggle up" with it in litho-printed form way more than I like to look at it on the wall.
    I had a signed copy of "Yosemite and the Range of Light" many years ago that I really liked. I kept it on the coffee table and, unfortunately, someone soaked it thoroughly and didn't tell me so it molded all the way through. It made me sad to toss that one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've just hung three lovely lith prints that I bought from 'Mayfair710' (aka Marianne). A couple of more of her prints will hang at my cottage when I next get back there. As well, I have four photographs from two Toronto area photographers hanging, including a cibachrome, that compete for space with approx. 25 of my own prints. And like 2F/2F, I also have books (some signed).

I've got a couple of apuggers in my sights for future acquisitions as well.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Seems to me that most people dont have any photography prints displayed at their house other than family photos.

Do you have any prints displayed from photographers other than yourself?
    I buy and trade prints from and with other photographers. I have roughly 30 prints hanging, which are a mixture of other's and mine.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only have prints by other photographers on the main walls of my house, a few of my own prints are in a back room. The same is true of our apartment in Turkey although my wife had two of my prints on the wall before I moved there.

Ian

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin