Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,545   Online: 883

Thread: Houghton Klito

Shooter
    Multi Format

Houghton Klito

Hello all, Ive got my eyes on a Houghton Klito no2A. Its so close that I can smell it!! (but cant quite get my hands on it just yet) Can anybody point me in the direction of and documentation, reviews etc? I cant seem to find much on the web other than old ebay ads etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need a BJP Almanacs for the relevant year of release they would have a review. I'ver just checked a 1928 copy and it's not listed, they must be erarlier as shortly after the Houghton name disappeared and the name Esign was used instead.

Give us a clue to age and type etc.

ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ok thanks for the lead... from what little ive been able to find online im lead to believe that the no 2a went into production on or about 1905. ive found a pic of a number 3 (see link) which looks almost identical. http://www.historiccamera.com/cgi-bi...&login=23klito
    its a drop down multiple plate type of camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Knowing the era I've found Houghton's adverts for you from 1910

See below

Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails klito1.jpg   klito2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very good thankyou, quite an expensive camera in its day it seems!! Hope i can get my hands on it, im very curious to see in detail how the plate changing system works.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin