Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,342   Online: 1171

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I read in the paper that a man whose father died recently found in his dads effects a studio portrait of Adolf Hitler by Hoffman Hitler's photographer, a picture that was previously unknown and unique,, the man has no idea where his his dad got it from, except he was in the Royal Navy in WW11, and was a P.O.W in Italy
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    That's absolutely depressing. Fortunately I haven't come across much of that other than to fill picture frames, and then it's been obvious that they're selling the frame rather than the image.
    When I come across them, this never seems to be the case. I've seen stacks of the same reproduced image, each in its own protective sleeve labeled "Vintage Photo"
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Large Format
    While I'm not a collector of old prints, I did buy a carbon print by Thomas Annan, one of the scenes of Glasgow. When I started doing carbon, I had a hard time finding a real carbon print so I could actually see one in the flesh. I found one at a photo show and jumped in. It did keep me focused to be able to ultimately master the process. It's pretty cool in the sense that you can't see any aging of the print materials at all.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    I fancy myself as a portraitist and I have collected as many types of processes of portraits as I can. (no salt print yet). I thought one day I may do a book; 100 found portraits. Maybe.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I added four more vintage prints to my collection this weekend. Of the four, I think the most interesting is the following one.

Other three can be found here on my web site.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Started with a couple tintypes, then got thematic with people and their dolls. I'm mixing them up with some of my own, but you can get a taste on my Flickr set. (Some are NSFW.)

I think this is my favorite vintage one so far:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dolls_sisters.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjixxxy View Post
    I added four more vintage prints to my collection this weekend. Of the four, I think the most interesting is the following one.

Do you know if that is Pearl Harbor?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Do you know if that is Pearl Harbor?
    That was my first impression. But not being a historian, I'm not sure. There was another photo in the box of the same proportions where the image was just as soft as the battleship image. It depicted a bombed out town that look very European.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjixxxy View Post

The soldier on you're website with the 4x5 camera is by his cap badge from the British Royal Tank Regiment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Tank_Regiment.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    I fancy myself as a portraitist and I have collected as many types of processes of portraits as I can. (no salt print yet). I thought one day I may do a book; 100 found portraits. Maybe.
    If ever you do, put me down for a copy.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin