Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,668   Online: 814

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bromide Enlarging with a Kodak

Part of my Christmas loot is a charming Kodak pamphlet from 1908 called Bromide Enlarging with a Kodak.
    It goes into great detail on how to mount "a Kodak" into a window frame to use as a horizontal enlarger.

"Most of the present models of the Kodak can be utilized for enlaging, excepting only those models not permitting the removal of the back and the racking back and forth of the lens."

It further describes the use of "Kodak Push Pins" for everything from holding up cloth for blocking extranious light to hanging up the prints for drying.
    There are developer and fix recipies, with a Metol Hydro developer, and one I've not heard of calling for "Nepera solution".

It's great fun, though I don't think I'll mount any of my cameras into a window for doing enlargments. But it's a great illustration of using improvised equipment to do things.
    It's also an interesting view into what photography was like for photo hobbyists 100 years ago.

I want to go ask my local shop to order some Kodak push pins, and see their reaction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bromide Enlarging With a Kodak1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nepera Solution was for redeveloping Velox. I've seen that book, its a fun read!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin