Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,481   Posts: 1,571,144   Online: 1150

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Windmill theatre

A quite interesting/funny film: http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=48149

You can see many old cameras in action (all these Leicas...).

Apparently according to the thread in the forum, I found the link, the ladies in the Windmill theatre were a bit less dressed. You also have some nice pieces of English humor.
    Last edited by Romary; 12-29-2009 at 11:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Little addition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, funny. Enjoyed watching it, thanks.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Windmill was famous their motto was "We never close" and indeed gave three shows a day right through the Blitz in WW11, people used to say that it wasn't applause you could her in the Windmill, but the men in the audiences fly buttons hitting the ceiling.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's great to see all the wonderful cameras. Enjoyed it.

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin