Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,807   Online: 747

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm

120 film cans

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I don't remember any 120 in cans. What film came in these?
    fotch;

I have some AGFA screw top cans for 120.

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=jcorll;972946]So, B&W was in the plain containers and the color was in the painted ones?

That kinda helps my search! A couple months ago, I acquired a camera with some film with it. (not in it) It is a steel container that has "Ansco 35mm Film" stamped on top of it. However, inside the roll says (Ansco Color, Daylight Type, 20) Any idea how to develop this? ( if it is even develop-able) It is probably from the 50's or 60's.
    I've heard that the best bet is Standard Dev. in Rodinal. Anything else?

jcorll;

In the early Fifties while stationed in England, Anscochrome was introduced with the fantastic speed of ASA 32. To get it processed we had to send it to Switzerland. One of the photo mags said it could be developed in the same chemistry as the old Ansco Color.
    The formula was printed in the British Photographic Journal Almanac and the magazine showed the dev. times also for pushing the Anscochrome to ASA 125.
    We successfully processed many rolls using this information.
    If the Ansco Color film were mine I think I would just
    display it as the way things were.

Shooter
    35mm
    jcorll;

In the early Fifties while stationed in England, Anscochrome was introduced with the fantastic speed of ASA 32. To get it processed we had to send it to Switzerland. One of the photo mags said it could be developed in the same chemistry as the old Ansco Color.
    The formula was printed in the British Photographic Journal Almanac and the magazine showed the dev. times also for pushing the Anscochrome to ASA 125.
    We successfully processed many rolls using this information.
    If the Ansco Color film were mine I think I would just
    display it as the way things were.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji had plastic 35 & 120 cans that sealed very well.
    Agfa 35 & 120 metal w/slip fit tops.
    Leica 35 with slip fit tops that may have come with their reloadable cassettes.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin