Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,814   Online: 844

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    David William White "I'll bet the Rodinal's still good."

I was just waiting for someone to mention that. lol
    I think most people would go for a good "ice-bear burger" and the ketchup instead

"As snows threaten to bury the base forever, more than 8,000 artifacts—including butter and ketchup—have been revealed in the hut of ill-fated British explorer Robert Falcon Scott, according to preservationists."

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I especially find these two pictures fascinating, as they are witness as to how time still affected the relics, despite the extreme cold. In the first, with Scott writing, it looks like if the picture could have been taken yesterday. The second one belies that of course...

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great stuff and very moving.
    Haven't read much about the Scott expedition to be honest, must get round to it sometime.

For anyone not already familiar, the Shackelton expedition across antartica around the same period is another amazing story which was recorded on film by photographer Frank Hurley. I think it was the BBC? that did a 3 part film once, with Kenneth Brannagh portaying Shackelton. Lost count how many times I've watched it !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, come on now! You can't believe that's really a picture of Scott! It's way too good to be that old! And they got sloppy: look at the shelf over the bed-CD cases! Just like the "moon landing" photos that show the inside of the building-obvious phonies!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Oh, come on now! You can't believe that's really a picture of Scott! It's way too good to be that old! And they got sloppy: look at the shelf over the bed-CD cases! Just like the "moon landing" photos that show the inside of the building-obvious phonies!
    And he is wearing a polyester fleece-jacket too!
    My website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Yes, I've been following this story, absolutely fascinating. Msage...that's a great quote from Lee Friedlander....love his work.
    Tony
    I also love his stuff. I used that quote as a lead-in for a show I had a couple years ago.
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes Elliott Gould exposed them all eventually in Capricorn One.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Yes Elliott Gould exposed them all eventually in Capricorn One.

pentaxuser
    Oh, was that Gould? Poor man.
    Almost a good movie. Well, almost a good movie short with a chase scene inserted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thry look a little big for CD cases. I think that they are Laser discs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin