Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,712   Online: 798

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Thry look a little big for CD cases. I think that they are Laser discs.
    I think they are CDs. It just took 75-80 years after the invention of the CD itself to design smaller packaging

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    when you are in madeira have a look at the vincentes museum in Funchal. He started in 1848 and his studio is still intact.
    Darkroom enlarger Light was a candle. Backgrounds used for portraits, his 8x10 enlarger. All still there....

http://www.madeira-island.com/museum...hy_museum.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How is it that a 100 year old darkroom still looks cleaner than my own? :rolleyes:
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    How is it that a 100 year old darkroom still looks cleaner than my own? :rolleyes:
    Maybe because you don't have ice-bears lurking around your house waiting to kill and eat you... alllowing you to go out shooting, instead of finishing the boring task of cleaning up the mess in your darkroom
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Maybe because you don't have ice-bears lurking around your house waiting to kill and eat you...
    Are there any in Antarctica?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    Are there any in Antarctica?
    Hehehe, yes, well, probably not, because it should be "polar bear" in proper English instead of the badly translated ice-bear I wrote about... And no, they aren't in the southern Arctic:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_the...s_in_antartica

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Less airborne dust?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Thry look a little big for CD cases. I think that they are Laser discs.
    Nah, man, on the shelf above the laser discs. I think I can read a couple... ABBA! Aw geez...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The article is misleading the Terra Nova hut is at Cape Evans and is on solid ground. I was there in 2005 and it just needs to be dug out after the winter storms. It is a truly remarkable sight with notes written in pencil on the bunks from the various expeditions that used it. Including "Shakelton?" left by his support crew as they waited the ill fated Endurance Expedition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    what a fun read! I read about this place a long time ago and wanted to visit. I read a bit about nobody takes anything. Or so the story goes. But, if you look at the two photos of the bedroom area, notice that there are a LOT of things missing! hmmmmmmmmmm....
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin