Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,928   Online: 1006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

History in photography - Titanic

Hi all,

Just added two new short video's to the APUG Video section that I liked. One a slide show of historic images and a few snippets of film of the building and maiden voyage of the Titanic, the other a short history of the Photo Booth...

History In Photography - Titanic

NYTimes.com - Weekend Explorer: History of the Photo Booth

Enjoy!

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Marco, thanks for that. Interesting

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank You, Marco.

Does anyone of you Apuggers still has an analogue photo booth around where he lives?
    I don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Thank You, Marco.

Does anyone of you Apuggers still has an analogue photo booth around where he lives?
    I don't.
    No, but digital ones as a heritage of the old analog ones yes. My nearest railway station... at least, I am sure it will be digital by now, haven't ever had a real close look to be honest though.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember the instructions to leave in the chute that the strip was dropped into as it was a little sticky if you handled the surface straight away. That was the 60's when the prints were all B&W. Given the servicing each booth must have needed compared to digital booths I'd be amazed if there are any left in Europe at all.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    i think there is a photo booth near me, but it was in the mall that flooded out
    this spring so i don't know if it survived ...

it isn't in the "locator"
    http://www.photobooth.net/locations/...php?ddState=40

http://www.photobooth.net/
    is a fun place

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out!

But now I am puzzled. The video there, says it is a B&W photobooth according to the text. But I see some colored liquids (Orange, Yellow, Green), what chemicals are in there

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q377Stfri-0[/YOUTUBE]
    My website

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But b&w chemicals are not black and white either...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That video was great! Makes me want to see one of these in real life! I am now going to be on the hunt for an analog photobooth!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I enjoy that! There is a photo booth at a shopping mall where I live, I'm sure it is digital.

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin