Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,705   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I've got isn't worth spit, except to you guys at Apug. When I die(or long before if my daughter has her way)my gear goes to the kids that still want it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posted wirelessly..

Just camera gear - about $3500. With darkroom included - about 5000. But I'd never sell my pop's Rolleiflex. That started it all.

Interesting thread 2F/2F.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think all of my equipment is worth about $2,000. But I have a very svelte collection, because I never believed gear would make me a better photographer, so I don't have a whole lot invested in it either.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Excel file where I sum up all my acquisition costs, service costs and also give a rough estimate of the current market value for each item I own. I'm not a pro so I like to keep an eye on how much money I have tied up in my gear. My only Leica setup (one M-body, one Leica lens) is worth one third of all of my gear scanners included.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    If you were to liquidate your entire collection of photography equipment, how much cash would you have in the end?

I'll have to think about my answer later, as it will require some serious counting...
    Well, that's just it. I can't even sit down and make a list of all that I own, much less its small value ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i can't really put a number on it
    but i know i could get enough to at least get a
    brooks saddle for my raleigh roadster ...
    other than that i don't really want to
    think about it, seeing i have seller's remorse
    when i sell stuff off.

nice thread 2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The camera 'stuff' I have is not worth much now, but it was many years ago. If I did sell it I wouldn't buy a digital camera.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like John, I don't want to think about it.
    By the time I'd be ready to liquidate the cost of the process would probably exceed the value of the stuff.
    Then, my luck would be that a day after the liquidation it would all be valuable collectables.

Got one of those conundrums already, don't need another.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Just something I found myself thinking about this evening, and I am interested to hear other people's answers as well: If you were to liquidate your entire collection of photography equipment, how much cash would you have in the end?
    Are you out of your mind? This is like the questions of the ilk, "If both your parents were in the water drowning, whom would you save?". Neither, who would want to go through the rest of their life with their conscience bothering them.

A question for you, "If all your friends became celibate, would you become celibate?" Answer that one.

Probably $7,000 to $8,000 US maximum, which is not near the amount of enjoyment I get from it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oddly the stuff that I have that I enjoy using the most is worth the least, all of that is worth maybe $100 total and that includes support gear for it.

Now my specialized gear, underwater, medium format, 3D, assorted 35mm cameras plus related equipment and lenses would come up to about $1000.

I am only allowed to have all the gear that I can fit into one camera case, and no more, my camera case is a footlocker size trunk with a few camera and film decals on it and has about 14 cameras in it. I was also informed that next time there will be stricter rules on the definition of "case".

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin