Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,831   Online: 1037

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think if I sold my gear I would always wonder what amount of money and joy I could have had by keeping it. I only have two Minolta X-700's and two Rb67 Pro S's. The X-700's are worth squat and the RB's are the only thing I could probably make any money with. The one X-700 I bought new in 1985 and it has been in the shop once. I'm just curious to see how far it will go. When it does jam up, it will go on ebay for parts, but will never see a repair shop while I own it. If everything had to go I would probably buy a Nikon manual camera with one lense. So really I don't have much invested, and what little I have in flashes and strobes wouldn't add much. Ric.

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    If we cannot convince the born-and-bred digital folks or converts from analog to shoot film (which we obviously cannot), I guess we are stuck with breeding our own!
    Well, I am done now, so I guess it's your turn.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hardly enough to be worth the effort.
    Some folks tell me I should hurry up and sell the darkroom gear while I can still get a few bucks for it. Nah. I figure if it gets to the point where I can no longer get the materials to use it, I'll hang a sign on it that says "Museum" and charge admission.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Certainly not enough to buy a top of the range full frame DSLR, but the reason I don't have one isn't because of the money, It's because I don't want one.
    Who needs a Damned SLR anyway. My rangefinders work great.

Anachronistic Mike
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All my film stuff I could probably get 250 or 300 for it.

Now all of my photography equipment, Rebel XTi, lenses, tripods, filters, this accessory, that gadget, somewhere in the realm of 1,xxx.

Now if we are talking selling expensive things most consider as toys, if I sold my bicycle, 86' Tommaso SLX full Dura-Ace 7700 / Ultegra 6600 and two wheelsets, I could get more for that than double Kelly Blue Book for my car.

and for the record, I am a convert from digital format, I still shoot it, I just prefer film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What this is getting at is: Why would we EVER sell our film equipment? There appears to be no good reason.
    There is no good reason, at least not for me. I get far more enjoyment out of shooting film (or is it merely playing with film cameras?) than I do out of digital, and I hate the post-processing dance with a passion. But I won't go there because it'd turn into yet another F vs D rant.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    ... If you were to liquidate your entire collection of photography equipment, how much cash would you have in the end?
    Not enough to even think about it!

Cheers
    Ruediger

I would get a whole lot less for my Canon F1s and lenses than I paid for them. Thanks, Canon, for making the FD lenses useless on newer cameras.

If I piled up all my gear and sold it, it would bring maybe $5,000. But where would I be then? Hardly rich and without a decent camera.

It's interesting to think about the relative value of cameras and how they hold value over the years. I think my Rollei TLR wins hands down.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think about this often, but the answer is "not much", unfortunately. None of my gear is really desirable right now (even the Leicas I have) plus dealers in my city are jerks about buying things.

I already sold off the desirable (read: money-maker) bits I didn't want, and am keeping everything else. Since I'm broke this year, nothing new is being added.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think more than 10k€; because I have bought many years ago some old cameras that were cheap, and are now expensive.
    And I have never tried to sold one of them because I am a bad seller...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin