Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,751   Online: 828

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I sold everything photography related digi and film 35 to 40,000 USD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'M NOT SELLING THEM AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Selling my film cameras and lenses that are from a mature technology, and paying big money for the pleasure of owning the obsolete technology of tomorrow doesn't appeal to me.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I doubt if I'd get more than £1000.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've given away a bunch of film gear recently, and sold a bit to KEH for far less than I was hoping to get. Now all I have is a Rolleiflex 6006 6x6 SLR. I'm giving away my Epson V500 scanner to a friend tomorrow, as I'll basically be shooting color print film and having a local pro shop develop and scan film for me. I paid $500 for the Rollei and 80/2.8 lens, battery, and charger. Added a 2X tele-extender and another brand-new battery ($120 from B&H!). All worth $250 now, maybe. I regret selling my M6 and Nikkor 50/1.2AiS.
    Last edited by nocrop; 10-08-2010 at 10:57 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: f-up

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I sold Every Thing .........I could buy a nice Vintage Sports car

But...... when you are now married it dosen't work like that.....It would be now OUR $$$$$
    and get spent on a Bathroom ect ect ect.......

I will keep my cameras.....It is easy to add to what you have when they don't know what it is worth.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That will be for the kids to decide after I'm gone.

Assuming they live longer than me!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to think it was a real shame when I saw people selling off a grandfather's collection of cameras (or other items that have sentimental value). Then I realised, if they didn't, I wouldn't have ended up with the collection I have now. I like to let them know that a camera is going to a good home where it will be used again, even if it's over 100 years old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not even remotely enough for a D3X(and I don't know why I'd even want one anyways, my FE shoots better). I'm a thrift store shopper, at least half of my stuff I acquired that way, If i gotta fix it. I'll try fixing them myself anyways.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I sold everything I probably wouldn't end up with enough cash to buy the lifetime worth of memories that my gear has given me and will continue to give me. That said, between 3 and 4 thousand USD.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin