Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,416   Online: 1028

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I won't unless it's the choice between photography gear and life.

But if, hypothetically speaking... around 500€/700$ if I'm lucky. I currently don't have that much stuff. It's only about one and a half year of GAS but the heap is steadily growing. Will probably be more than double in a year.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd probably get more for the freezer full of film than for the cameras.

I'm not selling either.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Never thought about it and probably will not; I'll let my son worry about it as per the will it all goes to him.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If I rooted out everything it might hit 15,000 but as I have made my living with photography for 35 years up to this point it has paid me more than it cost me.. which was a lot more than 15,000 not to mention film and paper. Question is how little could I have and still make the same money.

Shooter
    35mm
    Noooooo – not selling.

However – there is market value. There is sentimental value. There is insurance value. There is what-would-it-cost-to-replace value.
    Then there is “what you paid for it in the first place value – with value depending on WHEN you bought it in the first place”!!
    Hah! Have you thought of that one?

So anyway – all together, IF I sold all my stuff (which ain’t happenin’), I know I wouldn’t get what I paid for it!
    Worth on the market? Well, just dang!
    Sentimental value? Some of it priceless, most, not-so-much
    Insurance value – actually not sure
    Cost to replace it? Yikes! (which doesn’t seem fair with the market)
    What I paid for it vs what I would end up paying for it now? Huge difference!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

???

Why would I want to sell my lonhof Tech III, rolleiflex,rolleicord,F3, B&J 5x7 and cambo 4x5 monrail????? What would I get that would be better? I have the luxury of not having to make a living at photography and as such I can do it for the pure art aspect.
    If I needed to make a living at it i would get the DSLR and do the mindless school/wedding/stock thing as it would be more efficent and productive. There are great images made with the DSLR but I find the depth of a silver gelatine print or alt process images more asethetically pleasing than an injet image. That said arguing which is better is much the same as Van Gogh and Paul Gauguin arguing about which brush is better. And I might add the pure art market is a much tougher living than I want to make.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Priceless.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hmm... this really is an interesting thread. my f2 with 50mm prime, in perfect condition could probably fetch maybe 600 bucks, and my cambo monorail with two lenses and nearly 70 film holders could probably fetch near the same. i could maybe get another 150 out of my om-1 and my eos a2. so thats about 1450 in camera gear.

as far as the darkroom goes, i could probably fetch near 10 grand if i really tried. But there is no way id ever sell my whole collection, considering that a lot of it was given to me. I honestly believe that i will have a lot of my collection until i die (i am 17 years old at this point in time)
    -Austin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If it would make me incredibly rich, i already would have sold all of it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlamarsh View Post
    [...] That said arguing which is better is much the same as Van Gogh and Paul Gauguin arguing about which brush is better. [...]
    Out of these two painters, who do you like better?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin