Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,131   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

One-shot Cameras... any resources?

Howdy everyone,

I've been intrigued lately by one-shot cameras; you know, the ones that took 3 separation negatives at once. It's hard to find any good resources online, does anybody have some links or something?

I'd like to see the high end models, as well as more consumer oriented ones (though I doubt many consumers used them).

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, apparently these were some top manufacturers.... Jos-Pe, Bermpohl, Klein and Mirkut.

It's funny how after you post, you start to find stuff....

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.u...0-%20Part3.pdf

And hmmm, wonder if this guy is still up for sale....
    http://photo.net/large-format-photography-forum/003A2g

And check out this beauty... eBay item #180535914853
    Last edited by holmburgers; 07-26-2010 at 01:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Get Sandy King's book on Carbro off the Alternative Photography site. I think it is really the place to start, since you can always use a camera with filters and film rather than a dedicated color camera to take the multiple images. Start simple....LOL.

I have also been thinking of using a sliding back arrangement on an 8x10 to do 4 4x5 images, and just hold the filters in front of the lens by hand as I expose for each color. Then cut those up and do carbro tissues from that. ---

Many ways to do this without having the fancy camera from day one.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, you've beat me to the punch! I was thinking about carbro/tri-color-carbon, but I'm not honestly considering that at the moment whatsoever. (still cutting my teeth on black & white)

Really I'm just interested in seeing the designs and reading about them. Were there any that didn't use filters, but instead reflectors? I'm reading Friedman's 'History of Color Photography' and he says there are mirrors that will selectively reflect only certain colors (primaries) with 90% efficiency. With this in mind, I'm surprised they used filters at all. But who knows how practical/affordable this other system would have been.

Jeff, do you do your own color carbro? I'd really like to know more about it and its modern day feasibility. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.galerie-photo.info/forumgp/read.php?2,30010

Y'all shouldn't be so US-centric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I blame the United States educational system for this.... it seems there's only language here.... AMERICAN! :P
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see from y'r profile that you were hatched after foreign language requirements had, for the most part, gone away. More child abuse, IMO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I concur. Two things that are educational system needs.... the metric system & foreign language requirements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's only one thing; the metric system is a foreign language.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    haha!

I'd argue that what we use is more of a foreign language. It doesn't make any f-ing sense! What, how many ounces in a pound?, wait, how many fl. ounces in a quart?, doh, how many pints to a gallon?!?! AAGHHGGH

Please, give me multiples of 10 or give me death

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin