Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,985   Online: 819

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heh heh, that Model M is described as using Bantam 828 film and getting eight pictures on a roll -- described by Kodak as "enough for a weekend." Bet that concept would drop jaws in some circles today. Thanks for the virtual visit.

One of the bits of documentation at the ACG site is a US Army repair manual for the C3, so there is at leat one connection. I vaguely recall that the company behind Argus actually made Bakelite products and came up with the cameras as a way to diversify and expand their market.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmmm...very cool idea. I didn't even know this was an event. I have a C3 and a C4. I may have to load up at least the C3 and get in some shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I did it! The one of the roller mill is in my gallery here too. I sent it and one of the Knight Lake dam to the Argus Day folks, we'll see how long it takes to show up.

The weather was not exactly picture postcard lighting -- 95ºF, humid, hazy sun to partly cloudy, but hey, it's Argust!

I'm flabbergasted, I got 25 shots on a 24 exposure roll, all usable, no blank frames and no double exposures -- didn't even smack my fingertips with the cocking lever or stick my finger in front of the lens. Those old skills from the 1960s must be slowly sneaking back.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice shots, DW! I took my C3 for a drive on Argus Day and I will post my shots tonight.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wish I'd known--I recently acquired a A2 that I haven't had a chance to use yet--I'll have to extend Argust into the weekend!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took out my Argoflex 75. It was fun.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here are my C3 shots from ARGUS DAY!
    http://grisez1.smugmug.com/Nature/No...13314801_hgmAa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took my C-3 out, but honestly, I had alot of trouble focusing, I could barely see through the RF patch. That coupled with my old-man eyes, and I have a few frames that just didn't quite make it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grisez View Post
    Here are my C3 shots from ARGUS DAY!
    http://grisez1.smugmug.com/Nature/No...13314801_hgmAa
    You got some good stuff there! I find it reassuring to see what these "Bronze Age" cameras can do every now and then.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, DW!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin