Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,958   Online: 1006

Shooter
    Medium Format

Quiz; Name those cameras!

I picked up the attached small snap at a flea market in Berlin a few weeks ago. I'm not a big expert on old 35mm cameras but would be interested in hearing Apugers views on what they are using. Looking from left to right, has number 3 snapper an Edixa? I only say that as it reminds me of my brother's camera from the 70s when I had a Zenit E. Number 2 looks quite strange. Close up is hopefully included. Can't quite work out if number 4 has a bigger format camera.

However, any other views on the photograph are welcome as to where and when. Looks like a bored wife or girlfriend on the left waiting for the boys to stop playing with their toys. I would imagine it's from the 60s or possibly 50s. If anyone in the photograph by chance can be recognised, that would be a lot more interesting than their cameras! Only other information available is the printing on the back of the print by the lab:
    PGH-FTW
    1034 Berlin
    36/5

Many thanks
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-chaps.jpg   4-chaps-close-up.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Second from the right seems like Exakta.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll go with your guess of an Edixa reflex on number three from left--shutter release on front body. Very left, my guess is an EXA--small size and shutter release on lens mount.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom, Fred, James & Theodore.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Second from left looks like a PENTI 1 - a East German half frame 35mm camera that came in various colours - took Agfa rapid type cassettes (although the original cassettes were plastic).

The one on the right looks like a Balda 35mm folder..this is based on what I can see of the foot on the bed, which is a bit wider than most other cameras of the era...

Second from right could also be a early Contax SLR - the shutter button looks like it is on a angle, and the Wirgins had a straight shutter button.
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish I could tell but the quality of the pictures are poor.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second the one 2nd from left being a Penti. My Dad had one of these (still does) - the shutter is cocked and the film advanced by pushing in a chromed steel bar which shoots out about 1" when the shutter is fired. When you get the knack it is a lighting fast camera to take multiple shots on, bettered only by a motor wind.

The third one along looks like an Ambiflex, to me, the photocell looks a little too small for a Zenit. Can't really tell, though...

By the way, what is the prize?
    Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin