Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,520   Online: 1015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Magazines

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Robert many thanks for the link it was very interesting and quite inspiring
    PM me your address and I'll send you a copy. You can send me a copy of Outdoor Photography in return.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert Thank you kindly and will be my pleasure - PM on it's way

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just picked up, off E*ay this month, a set of American photography(Feb. 1938-Jan.1939).
    Also some Minicams from 1940. The articles are amazingly detailed, even about processes that have disappeared. An a lot of camera information(both famous and infamous) from just the adds. Also got some new information about my "obsession"( }:^)> )- Harry Champlin.
    Will keep shopping.
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A local writer and book collector sold me a huge collection of photo magazines going from the thirties to the sixties. It became an albatross - shipping charges were the killer. I ended up giving them away to a local photographer who has a lot of room. Going through them and comparing prices to the times (adjusted using census data concerning income) showed that some of that hardware was as dauntingly expensive then as Alpas are today. And the various photogaphic trends, of course, was deeply interesting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin