Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,457   Posts: 1,643,773   Online: 703

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Has anyone found curtain material that will work? Last I read a few years back was that there was something out of Japan I believe, but I think the thickness was a little more then what was used in the OEM stuff.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Wayne - The Japanese material was offered by one Aki-Asahi at aki-asahi.com. I found the thickness to be no problem. I measured it myself and it was extremely close in thickness to the Graflex fabric in my camera. If memory serves both were bang-on at 0.008 inches. The actual avoirdupois weight per area of the Aki-Asahi (AA) was greater than the Graflex stuff, but that did not create any problems. In short, it works.

I believe there are now two varieties of AA material. One is rubber-coated fabric and the other is a sandwich with fabric on the outside and rubber in the middle. I am only guessing that the tri-layer is thicker than the bi-layer but this is pure speculation - I have never handled the tri-layer.

Incidentally, the AA fabric oozes quality and happens to be gorgeous. It drapes beautifully, has bombproof opacity and is possessed of a lovely hand as well.

Hope that helps a bit.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Has anyone found curtain material that will work? Last I read a few years back was that there was something out of Japan I believe, but I think the thickness was a little more then what was used in the OEM stuff.
    Last edited by jon koss; 10-03-2010 at 09:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin