Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,820   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Voigtlander Prominent I type III prices help

Voigtlander Prominent, 3 lens. A Skoparon 1:3.5/35mm, Nokton 1:1.5/50mm, and the Super-Dynaron 1:4.5/150mm. was wondering around how much these go for and where would be a good place to sell, i have to pay rent and this is the only nice thing i have, and was wondering if these are still going up in price, any advice would help alot and thank you very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2831[2].jpg   IMG_2816[3].jpg   IMG_2834[1].jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is a very nice kit. I don't know if these used a separate viewfinder for non-50mm lenses, and if it did, the addition of the separate viewfinder would really complete the kit.

The most desirable part of the kit is the Nokton.

It's always hard to judge condition by a photo, but I would think that something in the neighborhood of US$500+/- would be reasonable.

You could sell it here or other forums or eBay or Craigslist. I think that you'll get less money on Craigslist, as people seem to be looking for bargains rather than value.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, the Turnit 35/100 finder seems to not be there with the special mask for the 100mm end for using the fairly rare 150mm.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

hey

Thanks alot for the info i really appreciate all the advice, my great grandpa gave me this camera before he passed. I don't want to get rid of it but if i don't i will get kicked out of my apt, I was wondering you think if i put it up for 500$ that would be able to sell and not rip me off completely i can post more pictures if that would help you know the condition, and thanks for the help so much i don't know anything about older cameras

Shooter
    35mm RF
    With any older camera, the buyer should always expect that it will need to be serviced. There are so many variables? Do ALL of the shutter speeds work? Do the lenses have any scratches, cleaning marks, fungus, mold? Do the lenses focus smoothly? Are there any initials or numbers scratched into the lens barrels or body? Are there any signs of impact damage (i.e., was the camera dropped?) Do you have the instruction manuals? When was the camera last used?

After giving this some thought, a fair price probably might be around $600+/-, and as others will tell you, you might do better by selling this in pieces rather than as a set. However, you also run the risk that you might end up not selling everything, and then you're stuck with a lens or a body. However, I suspect that everything would sell.

If you sell on a forum, you could offer it as pieces and at a small discount, as a kit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Super-Dynaron in a good condition could be aroung $300
    Skoparon is $50
    Camera with Nokton could be $300

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin