Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,292   Online: 1115

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Nathan, check my comments about the felt seals below the pressure plate.
    No seals on this one. Interestingly, instead of circular holes, the pressure plate has U-shaped cutouts that go all the way to the edge---an economy measure, I suppose; if I keep having problems, maybe I should attach a strip of felt or velvet along that edge.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Well, I guess I brought myself bad luck by commenting on this subject; I just got a roll of slide film back, taken with a 1930s Wirgin folder, and there are noticeable light leaks at the edge of some frames from the red windows!

I've used this same camera a zillion times in much brighter conditions without a problem, so I suspect I loaded it just a little off alignment or something like that. (The light looks like it bled around the edge of the backing paper rather than "burning" through it.) I need to eat my words about *never* having had a problem, though.

-NT
    That could just as easily have been from the roll not winding tight enough on the takeup reel. Many cameras have a spring that drags the back of the takeup roll to alleviate this problem.
    Gary Beasley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin