Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ilford 1952

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A good friend of mine is retiring and closing his camera store after 54 years. He gave me an old Ilford spiral binder that was found while cleaning up. The logo is old and the title states "THE SEA - by famous west coast photographers" "Ilford Inc, a ciba-geigy company"

I was surprised to find it contains real prints (not reproductions) on the various paper surface types of Ilfobrom paper (Velvet, Matt, Rayon, etc). More importantly, they are by Ansel Adams, Wynn Bullock, Brett Weston, Edward Weston and many others. Some I have never seen before. Nice stuff!

There is a section thanking the artists and the Eikon Gallery.

Must have been made in the 60's because it credits Cole Weston for the Edward Weston photograph. I just thought it was interesting and I wish everyone could see it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John a wonderful calm has just come over me with the hairs standing up on the back of my neck. It must be very special to not only see but also to hold. I don't often use this phrase but thank you for sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin