Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,869   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let me try to explain why does it rotates to xyz like crazy. Reason is to compensate the gravity effect on time keeper.
    Brequet found this solution 200 years ago and his company still continues to produce watches at France.
    Tourbillon is the name of the most inspiring tool at a watch againts the minimum inbalance at time keeper and compensates it 180 degree turns to kill with negative positive effect.
    Gyrotourbillon adds the tourbillon mechanism more free dimensions and increase the effect. If you search internet forums , someone posted mechanical drawings of this watch and I could not understand anything. Designer is a woman and I praise the design with learning her struggle to make better watches.
    As you know main time keeper turns left to right , right to left like all watches and Seiko invented no need to this.
    Seiko watch took forty years to develop and it has a big circular metal piece turns to only one way. Its turning generates electricity and send the signal to a microchip. Microchip measures the speed and it increase the speed or slow down with applying electromagnetism to the rotor. Its like DC Servo electric motor and still takes days to complete the parts in one watch by watchmaker.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What an amazing complication, some watches today are larger than this camera! Plus integral B&W filters! aweseome. I wonder how many shots you can get out of a roll, half of it must be the leader! xD

So much elegance in such a little package, oh those Swiss tinkerers.

Horology is another bad hobby of mine, it costs almost a much as photography and all I get to do it tell the time!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reminds me of Switzerland: utterly precise and pointless!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That camera is a wonderful looking work of engineering. Built in 1937-38; wonder if their purpose was aimed at other than the consumer market. It was a very hot political time. Anyway, I'd prefer the watch in the vid if I had to choose one or the other.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    c6 ,

Of course George Daniels mechanism is good as electronic and as simple as Omega could produce factory scale and there are some mechanism gear trains where it takes to complete turn of a gear takes 15000 years but Gyroturbillion is the most complex mechanism where a Swiss Factory produce it scale. If they would manufacture it one or two , it could easily exceed the million line.

Chris ,

Its great to learn new things and if you concentrate well , all the inventioms comes at first 3 weeks and when you start to learn the details , new inventions comes later and later. To be an young was like it for me.

Umut
    Umut, are you a collector?
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    Reminds me of Switzerland: utterly precise and pointless!
    As are most things which make life worth living.
    Jim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    c6 ,

I am reading watch making books , thats all. I have money for swatch not Jaeger.

Cheers ,

Umut

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Does it come from Jaeger LeCoultre Watch Makers ? They still develop the most expensive and complex wristwatches of today. Have a look to Gyrotourbillon
    Wow. While there are more complicated watches in existence nobody else would manufacture one today, not even Patek Philippe.
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    c6 ,

I am reading watch making books , thats all. I have money for swatch not Jaeger.

Cheers ,

Umut
    yeah, I'm in the same boat...I do own a Chronoswiss Chronometer, a quartz Cartier Vendome and a beautiful Waltham 16 size pocket watch that's been in my family for almost a century. If I ever get rich I will collect timepieces.
    Jim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My friend have an friend who is one of the Istanbuls most important watch seller. He says they order higher quality copies of Omegas and sell to the idiots as real Omega. I think buying new watches is very complicated. I saw 60 dollars copies of some chronos and its impossible to tell which is which.
    I am watching country tourism ads at cnn and I suspect %90 of the asian luxury market is fake.
    I have an eye on excellent bronze case Vacheron copies , even Hong Kong tourbillons cost 1500 and guaranteed 15 years. For 100 dollars , We can be rich !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin