Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,199   Online: 1203

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

LeCoultre Compass

I was digging around on ol' fleabay for something and stumbled across this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LeCoultre-Compas...item2eb53f5652

I always forget about these. Man, if only I were a rich man! My want of one goes so far beyond a camera as a tool, that thing is a mechanical sculpture! Maybe they should chuck one under water so that someone could find it years later, a la the Antikythera mechanism! It would take future humans a while to realize how utterly genius those oldy timey film photographers were....

Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few pics of the beaut...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails compass camera 20.jpg   compass camera 9.jpg   compass camera 7.jpg  
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Incredible camera! Now, if they could fit a rangefinder on that sucker, why not on the Rollei 35's??
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Note that it was originally a PLATE camera, for single-frame 24x36mm plates. The rollfilm magazine is an addition. So it doesn't need a reange finder, only a ground glass and a good loupe!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Does it come from Jaeger LeCoultre Watch Makers ? They still develop the most expensive and complex wristwatches of today. Have a look to Gyrotourbillon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Does it come from Jaeger LeCoultre Watch Makers ? They still develop the most expensive and complex wristwatches of today. Have a look to Gyrotourbillon
    Are you sure about that? I think that distinction would have to go to either Roger Dubuis or George Daniels. A genuine Daniels (he only completed 37 watches) is a priceless work of art. Dubuis sold a single handmade watch of his own original design for $1 million.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to both of you guys for posting these watches. I've never been more interested in "horology" (a new word for me!)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    c6 ,

Of course George Daniels mechanism is good as electronic and as simple as Omega could produce factory scale and there are some mechanism gear trains where it takes to complete turn of a gear takes 15000 years but Gyroturbillion is the most complex mechanism where a Swiss Factory produce it scale. If they would manufacture it one or two , it could easily exceed the million line.

Chris ,

Its great to learn new things and if you concentrate well , all the inventioms comes at first 3 weeks and when you start to learn the details , new inventions comes later and later. To be an young was like it for me.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like that!

Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin