Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,601   Online: 981

Shooter
    35mm

Argus C3 Exposures

This is my first post on this forum so moderators please move it to the most appropriate thread category, if this isn't it. Thank you.

I shoot with an Argus C3 brick 7 speed 1/10-300 F3.5-16 Coupled Focus.

I understand the Sunny 16 rule, and want to know if there is a way of making some kind of reference chart. I pulled out my digital camera to do metering (Olympus PEN) and using basic arithmetic, I came up with this chart.

Assuming ISO 200 for all.
    Br't Sun - F16 - 1/200 sec F11 - 1/400 sec ETC
    Sun - F11 - 1/200 sec F16 - 1/100 sec
    Hazy Sun - F8 - 1/200 sec F16 - 1/50 sec
    ETC

I want to know if there is some other formula.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ev=log2( ISO) - log2(T) +log√2( f )
    Or was that not what you were looking for.

Welcome and pardon my humor. You have it pretty good there. Using the Pen as a guide is a good start. A better one would be to find a light meter. You can find an old Sekonic. Even if the photo cell does not work the slide rule dial can help get you a custom to shutter/aperture combinations.
    D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use.
    Ansel Adams - The Negative

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your table is good. The "shadow" information at this link is helpful too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunny_16_rule

It used to be that when you bought a roll of film, it included a chart just like this.

My first new 35mm camera (a Retina S1) had one buit right in, instead of a meter.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks

I will use the chart as an aperture guide to get it more accurate, and post the finished product.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin