Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,154   Online: 865

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Voigtlander indentification help

Hi all--
    I just picked up an old Voigtlander folder but I am having trouble figuring out which model it is! I'm digging through McKeown's and can't seem to get it right. I did find an old advertisement for it, but it's in German. Anyone familiar with this camera? Thanks,
    Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails voigtlander.jpg  
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    hmm - googeling your camera ad (the lens) I found this:

http://www.photohistory.at/kameras2.htm

this is what it states:

BONA, ca. 1927
    Herlango, Wien; Plattenkamera 6,5x9cm mit
    Hofmeister Syrconar 5,4/10,5cm in Vario - Verschluß, doppelter Auszug
    Frühes Modell ohne Rahmensucher, spätere Modelle nicht mehr mit dieser Optik und nur mehr mit Rahmensucher erhältlich.

What lens is on your camera? what size?
    A picture or two would help....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll try to get some photos later. It's a 6.5 x 9cm with a 10.5cm Syrconar-Doppelanastigmat 1:4.5 Hofmeister, Jena in a Compur shutter. The only marking on the outside is a small round logo that reads "Walter Talbot Berlin"--thought the top part of it is missing, I think it says Walter.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few "pics"---I just put the thing on a scanner. That's the best I can do right now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails voigtlander close.jpg   voigtlander front.jpg   voigtlander side.jpg  
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lens Vade Mecum says these lenses were used on Norica Minor and Trumpf Cameras by Conrad A Muller- but you are sure it's a Voigtlander camera? It generally has good things to say about these lens although no mention of the "Doppel-Anastigmat" in particular. It's probably a Dagor design lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmm...now that you mention it, it's only the stack of film holders that have Voigtlander markings. It just looks so much like a few other Voigtlanders that I have I must have just assumed. Whoops! Back to the big book....

Thanks!
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

ced

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I believe they were made for Voigtlander by Hofmeister in Jena:
    https://www.leicashop.com/vintage/vo...cm-p-3585.html

There are a few different types here:
    https://www.leicashop.com/vintage/vo...34_103450.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe a "Walter Talbot" mfg. in Berlin, patterned after a Voigtlander?
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    There were a number of brands using the same parts as Voitgländer did in those years (1920-1937).
    My Avus, for exemple, or a Bergheil shows similar frame, bellow, viewfinder...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	989.1 KB 
ID:	43653
    On the other hand Compur was a very adopted shutter and so were Skopar or Hofmeister lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This was a reasonably common style in the 30s, as luibargi says. Could be a Continental-Eastman Recomar (which were manufactured in Stuttgart), a Porst/Hapo, the Bona mentioned above, or probably a half dozen other cameras that were very similar. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably a Porst - perhaps the Spezialmodell T.

http://www.kamera-geschichte.de/file...5x9_1930_d.htm

Google says Walter Tabot was a camera dealer in Berlin in the early 1900s, which jives with my understanding of labeling cameras in Germany at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin