Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,320   Posts: 1,536,855   Online: 1137

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Kodak Chevron versus Agfa Isolette 111 with Solinar lens and Compur Rapid shutter

I have an opprotunity to purchase either camera and I'm wondering which of these cameras has the sharper lens, the 100 mm ektar on the Chevron or the 85 mm f4.5 on the Isolette 111?

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get both . I have a few Agfa Isolettes and have great things to say about the lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get both, two different formats, twice as much fun.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

kodak Chevron versus Agfa Isolette 111 with solinar lens and compur shutter

I wish I could get both but I've only got the budget to get one or the other.They are very close in price, within 20.00 of each other.They are both the same image size, 2 1/4 square,according to the research I've done.I'm trying to avoid a significant G.A.S. attack.

It may come down to which is easier to carry around.I know the Chevron is built like a tank with a hefty weight.But I'm assuming the Isolette,being a folder, would be much lighter being a bellows camera.That could be a drawback because the bellows will eventually wear out and I've heard that Agfa didn't use the best materials for theirs.

I guess it will come down to a coin flip,but I'm trying to get as much fedback as possible.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm... I always thought the Chevron was 6x9 and the Isolette's (I've had a cople)are 6x6. The lens on the Chevron would certainly indicate it being 6x9, but I've been wrong before.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    I have an opprotunity to purchase either camera and I'm wondering which of these cameras has the sharper lens, the 100 mm ektar on the Chevron or the 85 mm f4.5 on the Isolette 111?

Thanks,

Doug
    If you don't get the Chevron I would welcome the contact. I takes 620 film by the way.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Hmm... I always thought the Chevron was 6x9 and the Isolette's (I've had a cople)are 6x6. The lens on the Chevron would certainly indicate it being 6x9, but I've been wrong before.
    The Kodak Medalist is 6x9.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Hi Mark: Well I discussed my quandry with the other half and to my surprise she said she would buy the Chevron for me as an early Christmas present as long as I showed her how to use it. Boy I never saw this coming.Anytime I mentioned cameras and photography to her, her eyes would glaze over and she would say things like " Thats nice" or "Thats not a d****l camera is it?"

She confessed that she always was fascinated by photography but didn't know how to ask for help in understanding it.Plus I have to take her out on her birthday to a very fancy and expensive dinner. I think it would be the right thing to do after all.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A keeper for sure! Don't just take her out to dinner, buy her some major bling.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    Hi Mark: Well I discussed my quandry with the other half and to my surprise she said she would buy the Chevron for me as an early Christmas present as long as I showed her how to use it. Boy I never saw this coming.Anytime I mentioned cameras and photography to her, her eyes would glaze over and she would say things like " Thats nice" or "Thats not a d****l camera is it?"

She confessed that she always was fascinated by photography but didn't know how to ask for help in understanding it.Plus I have to take her out on her birthday to a very fancy and expensive dinner. I think it would be the right thing to do after all.

Doug
    That's great-The Chevron and the Medalist are two superb cameras if working properly
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin