Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,844   Online: 762

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Kaprelian Camera Collection Auction - Nov 19th, 2011

(I'm not associated with Fuller's, I just thought this was cool.)

http://www.fullersllc.com/

Fuller's Auctions is selling the Kaprelian Camera collection on Nov 19th. Hundreds of great classic cameras. I'm impressed with the variety. Leica's to Rollei's to old Graflex's and militaria.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kaprelian-Still.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	41760

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Interesting to see how much stuff is and isn't selling for too, looking at the realized prices. Some really nice looking and unusual cameras went for what seemed like a pittance. Better time to be a buyer than a seller, I'd say. Sadly I missed this til it was over.

PS-- I thought the name of the estate sounded familiar. Ed Kaprelian was the Chief Engineer for Kalart for many years and quite the gregarious collector apparently. He also was head of the stateside collection of the Leica/Leitz factory which had been appropriated by the US Army from the Nazis toward the end of WWII... interesting history.
    Last edited by Pupfish; 11-26-2011 at 07:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you. I never knew about that route to satisfy my GAS!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupfish View Post
    He also was head of the stateside collection of the Leica/Leitz factory which had been appropriated by the US Army from the Nazis toward the end of WWII... interesting history.
    Wasn't it the Zeiss collection?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin