Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,514   Online: 1117

Thread: Leica gun

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica gun

Leica visoflex ploot ID (leica gun)
    I'm trying to date this ploot well at least almost a ploot serial 2321. Okay this is what I know. In 1938 a leica gun was made and first thought of in 1936. The 1938 model doesn't look quite like this. I found a photo of a 1937 model the long telescopic eyepiece is dovetailed like this one but chrome were the eyepeice connects to the ploot. Mine appears to have a different conection still dovetailed but black painted brass conection and can be permently screwed in the ploot. I do not have a stock. The lens attached is a dallmeyer 12 inch with an infered filter. ser 205965 Can anyone help me date this? and how many made?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was a neat piece I sold it WestLicht Kamera-Auktion in Austria They have the answer's for the odd things. The Leica ploot and eyepiece dated about 1940. I was told there were only several dovetailed ploots And a handful of telescopic eyepiece's made.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin