Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,802   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Multi Format

Question for Brooks about Bill Jay's 'Men Like Me' in Lenswork

A few months ago I saw Bill Jay's 'Men Like Me' portfolio in Lenswork. I was impressed and now own a copy of his small book of this work.

I see Brooks Jensen posts on this site and was wondering if he could share any technical details of this work. I realize Mr. Jay used a digital camera, but the reproductions were outstanding - at first glance I thought I was looking at LF work. (So maybe you will need to PM any info so as not to offend!) Who did the printing? This stuff blew me away.

A bit off subject; some years ago I heard Bill Jay speak at RIT. I remember it being a cold, dark winter day and probably one of the most outstanding lectures I'd ever attended. Few things have been as motivational as that was.

Thanks much if there's anything you can share.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Bill Jays , book, on being a photographer, is a jewell and I too would love to hear him lecture.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hemlock Press in Vancouver, BC does the printing for LensWork.

You can contact Brooks at the LensWork website. He does monitor the APUG site, but probably doesn't look at the hybrid forum.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On Being a Photographer is a great book!

if you havnt, pick it up, easily read in a night or two and well worth the time spent if only for the way it may make you decide to organize your work (negs/prints)!
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin