Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,741   Posts: 1,515,573   Online: 908

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Is the weekend nearest valentines ok with people? If it is, lets give this until next Monday for replies, then stick to the most popular place. If we have more than 10 people, we usually get a discount on rooms.
    I'll check with my social coordinator (aka 'The One Who Must Be Obeyed') but, the weekend nearest valentines (12,13 February?) sounds good...pencil me in. I'll cast my vote for King City.

I've never been to one of these either so don't know what to expect...well, I have a general idea...
    -- talk about lenses, cameras, film, etc...
    -- drink scotch/bourbon/wine
    -- view others' art, and maybe...
    -- make some photos?

I hope to see a bunch of LF shooters. Maybe we can have our own, informal LF workshop ???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Why Not Vegas?

Hi, My name is Glennla,

I live in Vegas, and there are very few serious analog people in town.

I’d love to link up with a fun group like yours, if only for a weekend!

And besides, flights are faily cheap…and frequent!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although San Lorenzo Park itself is of much less interest to me personally than the wetlands landscape potential around the nature reserve area, King City may provide more varied opportunities for folks with different photographic tastes.

I'm assuming an agenda that might look something like:

Friday evening - gather at [hm]otel, meet for drinks or whatever, informally organize into sub-groups for next-day shoots

Saturday - shoot, shoot, shoot - potentially in different sub-groups at different locations around the area

Saturday evening - dinner, party, exchange of day's war stories, drawing for all-expense paid two-month sabatical on Bora Bora.

Sunday - return home.

OK, maybe the Bora Bora thing is a stretch.

But, does the rest of the proposed agenda sound reasonable?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like fun. Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully my wife will let me go...

I realize we haven't finalized a place yet, but I'm putting out an early inquiry for some transportation help (if I can make it). Is there a chance someone could give me a ride? I'm in the bay area, mid-peninsula. I can drive 30 or so minutes to someone else's place, but, due to health issues, I can't drive much longer than that by myself.

anyway. hopefully I can make it.
    allan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump......

A few of us have discussed this in the chat room. the decision came out for the most central location of the Santa Nella exit on I-5. this puts us right where the wildlife refuges of the central valley are located. I will send off an email to roman Loranc and see if I can talk him into coming and meeting some of his fans. ;ets try for the weekend starting the 11th of Feb. spome can arrive that night, or they can make it the next day in the morning. let us know here if you can attend.

See further up in this thread the link to the Best western in Santa Nella.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump

4 weeks away, anyone interested? if not will just try for a San Francisco area meeting.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, I'm interested but was reminded that my son's fourth birthday is the 11th so, I'm probably not able to make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested, and my calendar is marked. But I can't make any guarantees.

What was the decision in the chat room as far as an agenda?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested too Aggie, but like Ralph, can't promise but will also mark it the calendar.

When it gets closer I can say yeah or neigh with more conviction.

Thanks, sounds fun and any weekend doing something away from the norm is welcomed.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump
    3 definates, and 2 maybes
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin