Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,625   Online: 853

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bumpy bump.

Was there an agenda established, Aggie? Meeting times, places, and that sort of thing? Thanks.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Los Banos Refuge issues

I've been following this thread and have to maybe put a wet ( appropriate to the season ) blanket on the refuges.

This is prime duck hunting season. As I understand it, until the season is over, you can only access the refuges if you have a hunting license.

In late November I went on a foray into the Kesterson refuge. The game warden informed me in no uncertain terms that I had to leave. No touristing about is alowed during hunting season.

So, if anyone has a contact with the refuges, it would be a good thing to check.

I'd hate to see everyone show up and not get to where you wanted to go.

Of course that would be a great excuse to go into beautiful downtown Los Banos and gorge on Basque food ( the Woolgrowers Restaurant is an experience in itself).

Terry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

12 Feb is No-Go for Me...

...at a wedding (it IS Valentine's weekend)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hayden
    I've been following this thread and have to maybe put a wet ( appropriate to the season ) blanket on the refuges.

This is prime duck hunting season. As I understand it, until the season is over, you can only access the refuges if you have a hunting license.
    http://www.fgc.ca.gov/html/regs.html

Looks like the various waterfowl and game bird seasons end by the end of January. It still wouldn't hurt too check with the refuge management folks regarding access restrictions, however.

I'm still wondering whether there was some sort of rough agenda established in the chatroom discussions.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just spent the past 45 minutes calling various numbers from the state on down to the lonely outpost in the Los Banos area of the fish and game commission. The weekend of Feb. 12 on is perfectly open provided there is no flooding. We will self register at the little booths, and from there we go in. The cost is a whopping $2.50 per day if you are over 16 and do not possess a valid California hunting or fishing license. So there will be no restrictions preventing us from pgotographing other than mother nature.

The only rough things e had disccussed were that most people would be getting off work on the afternoon of Friday the 11th. That would be travel time that evening for some. Saturday morning would also be a time when some would travel there. So If this works out, I would leave instructions of where to go and such at the main desk of the motel for those who arrive on Saturday morning. That way you can go to the same places we are heading out too. About Noon we can meet at the hotel again, and share good places we found eat lunch, and pick up any person who arrived earlier . The dinner meal that night is one we would all can plan for. We can bring prints to share, and gnerally just hang out together. Sunday would be another day we can go otu shooting, and also that evening travel back home.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump

Seems there are three of us who can make this. If there are any others, please make it known, or as far as I am concerned, I will do something else that weekend.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    bump

Seems there are three of us who can make this. If there are any others, please make it known, or as far as I am concerned, I will do something else that weekend.
    Aw, shucks! I wish I had seen this thread sooner. I would love to get together with others to shoot. Aggie, you and I are far from each other, how bout we meet sometime? Another female to go on day trips and weekend trips would be great.

ahyoubecky@aol.com

Becky Lynn
    Looking for and finding the beauty all around us.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would like to celebrate Saint Valentine the same way the Greeks celebrate Juda in Easter: Make a straw puppet and burn it!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    bump

Didja all get together for some fun?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin