Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,862   Online: 907

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Bill, unfortunately no, I'm going out of town Monday and just don't have time.

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Don't have a spare meter so sorry I can't help. Just for future reference, I send my meter to Quality Light Metric down on Hollywood and had it back in less than a week and in perfect working order.

Roger
    Roger, that's where I sent mine. Haven't heard from him yet.
    --Mario

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    Roger, that's where I sent mine. Haven't heard from him yet.
    Maybe I was just lucky. I would give them a call and see what's up.

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hello all. Thanks for all your help. I got my meter back. However, now I'm in the market for a Sekonic L-558R meter. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.
    --Mario

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Okay dear APUGers I need your help yet again. So I got my meter back and it's all good. I'm still in the market for a Sekonic L-558R meter, but, in the meantime, is there a good, affordable spot meter (1 degree) I can buy? The 558Rs are going for about $300, is there a good spot meter that I can buy right now for much less? I know I can buy a spot attachment for my Luna Gossen Pro, but that only gives me a 7 degree view. I want a 1 degree view. Can you guys suggest something that meets my requirements? Thanks.
    --Mario

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mario

I use the Pentax Digital spot - which gives me a 1 degree spot, and is very intuitive for shooting zone system. I also have a Minolta Autometer IVF with the 5degree spot attachement. Other than the spot size, the way that the minolta provides the exposure information I find much harder to use than with the Pentax.

I don't think that you will save $$$ with the Pentax, but it does work wonderfully.

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you shop carefully, the Minolta Spotmeter M (Spotmeter F if you have to have studio flash metering) is usually able to be found for under $200 ($200-250 for the F). I have an F and it is terrific. In addition to taking single readings, you can also use it to calculate high-low-range readings, and display those readings on the LCD.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I thought I could save a few bucks, but you don't really save much, do you? At those prices, I might as well go ahead and buy the meter I want: the Sekonic L-558R. What should I pay for one of those? Thanks.
    --Mario

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin