Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,238   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 220 Film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some 220 Agfa Optima film I got in a box of 120/220 assorted film off eBay, supposedly frozen since purchased and I've kept it frozen since it arrived last year. It works perfectly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I know that the new Ferrania film project mentioned that they have 220 capability so maybe they will eventually offer a 220 film.
    My hopes are currently pinned on that comment from them. A while back I purchased one of those oversized 4-1/2 inch Nikor SS tanks with a matching 220 reel from Bob Shanebrook ('laser') here on APUG just in case somebody might come along and resurrect the 220 format.

My fingers are crossed.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post

I looked at the user manual for the Yashica 24 and it doesn't say that you can use 120 film in it, but a number of web pages claim you can; maybe it's an undocumented feature? Might be worth a try in any case.

-NT
    My Yashica 124G (the last model of the Yashica TLR's) switches between 120 and 220 by a simple slide of the pressure plate.

However, checking on the various cameras on http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ya...ank_advance%29 , it seems to indicate that the Yashica-24 was for 220 film (and the similar Yashica-12 for 120 film), so possibly the films are not interchangeable on these models.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    My hopes are currently pinned on that comment from them. A while back I purchased one of those oversized 4-1/2 inch Nikor SS tanks with a matching 220 reel from Bob Shanebrook ('laser') here on APUG just in case somebody might come along and resurrect the 220 format.

My fingers are crossed.

Ken
    I've got one of those too, got it just before Kodak dropped Tri-X 220, wouldn't you figure. Wish they would do TMY but I'm not holding out any hope. You know where to go if you want another big tank!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    The only 220 film available new is color neg, mainly for the remaining wedding photographers shooting film, I suspect.
    B&H lists Portra 160 and 400, which are color negative films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, yes, that's what I said.

And even so it costs more than twice as much as 120 so the only savings is less frequent reloads, which is worth a few cents more to people doing lots of portraits or weddings, but not to me. Heck, 30 shots of 220 in my Mamiya 645 is more annoying than useful. 24 in the Yashicamat is a bit more manageable but I personally find 12-15 just about perfect anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Roll in 120 and keep count.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin