Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,344   Online: 1141

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I make myown "to do lists" and no one gets to add items that I do not agree too.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I retired and moved to a new house in a different state last August and find that I'm a little bored and don't find I'm as useful as I was when I worked. Without structure,I'm a little aimless now. When I don't take care of things I have too, I think I'm wasting my time. I'm in a 55+ community with lots of things to do: photo club, poker, pool, golf, tennis, etc. But how many diversions/hobbies can you do? It seems to be becoming make work to keep busy. Some people seem to have adapted better than me.

My wife just broke her ankle and suddenly I'm busier, directed and find myself more useful. I may have to get some sort of part time job or volunteer work after she gets well. I can now understand why many people just don't want to retire. What's the expression? Watch what you pray for; you may get it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some people seem to have adapted better than me.
    I guess I'm one of those folks. Although I worked very hard for 45 years I wanted out much earlier but like most could not afford to. With that said, I've now got what I wanted and do enjoy it. I think for me, I was always involved in a very high stress job that involved 7/24/365 coverage. As a result I was more then willing to lay down the sword and let others take up the cause. I've never looked back. I now fill my open hours with photography.....all the time. I've been out 8 years now and never stop.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just fifteen years to go now!...

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    "Officially" retired since August, 2004, but "out of work" more than "employed" after the great telecommunications meltdown of 2001, I've concluded that retirement is addictive.

The best comment I've heard about it came from an acquaintance who took a buyout from the Long Island RR: "Wow! Now every day is Saturday!"

N-joy!!!

Vince

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations!

You have made your escape from this carefully constructed slave system that kills the human spirit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    You have made your escape from this carefully constructed slave system that kills the human spirit.
    Wiser words than these are rarely uttered.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to retired life where there are no Mondays, hump days, or Fridays and every day is a weekend (or vacation). Now where did I leave my watch-as if I need it
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Large Format
    After I retired I was in a shop that specialized in clocks, and they had a wall clock for retired folks on display that had no hands. But someone else got it 'cuz I was too slow on the draw.

Shooter
    35mm
    You're on permanent vacation! I hope you don't have reduced funds to hinder your photography.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin