Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,429   Posts: 1,596,816   Online: 1227

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

can you help a beginner?

hi guys
    excuse me if i bother you...
    i'm a newbie in analogue, i only know the digital. But i want to try a film camera and sooner or later i'd like to make photo by myself (develop and analogue print).
    i'd like to start now, but in 10 january i leave, and i'm going to go to California, for 3 months.
    I'll stay in mammoth lakes... perhaps someone lives near this town? i'd like to see how to work in a dark room... So when i'll return, i'm going to buy all of necessary, and i'll start to eat films

thank you all.

seba
    P.s. sorry for my spaghetti-english

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.

When you have a contact telephone number in Mammoth let us know. I can contact you when I come up to go skiing.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bring a camera with you to California. You can mail the film to a lab here in the States and get the processing done. At least you will get started learning your camera and exposures on film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pazifico View Post
    I'll stay in mammoth lakes...
    Can't help with the darkroom, just a travel tip - A few miles south of Mammoth Lakes is an area known as Hot Creek & Benton Crossing. Well worth taking a towel and having a soak in some of the hot springs in the area

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    in 10 january i leave, and i'm going to go to California, for 3 months.
    I'll stay in mammoth lakes...
    Hello Seba, if you're staying at Mammoth Lakes area the entire time for all 3 months you will be in one of the best locations for outdoor landscape photography that the state of California has to offer. You will be located in an area adjacent to HWY 395 or also know as the 395 Corridor and the Eastern Sierras. You will find photo opportunities all along this HWY without any trouble. There are locations from the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine in the southern Eastern Sierras, and many points from there up past Mammoth Lakes leading to Bridgeport in the northern part of the Eastern Sierras.
    Just down the hill, so to speak, from Mammoth Lakes is the town of Bishop and the home of Galen Rowell's Mountain Light Gallery.

Enjoy your stay and I hope you can workout the details with your analog camera usage in time for the trip.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin