Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,661   Online: 814

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Anyone want to go into the Mojave and shoot?

Hi, I'm in LA and looking for a photo friend who would like to shoot in the Mojave in May and maybe June (depending on how hot it is). I have a car, so that's no problem, but don't want to head out there alone.

Have a great day everyone!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi,

I made many trips to the Mojave when I lived down south. I would love to join you but, it is a long haul for me now (from the SF bay area). It is usually getting pretty hot already by early May and by late May it is usually too hot for most people's taste. I've never been in June - but assume it would not be pleasant and extrodinary measures would need to be taken to protect one's film and equipment during the day.

The wild flowers should be stunning this year. They would, I suspect already be near or past their peak however.

Brad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Riverside between the Mojave and LA ("between a rock and a hard place").
    I'm easily persuaded to play hookie and head out with the gear.
    PM me with some possible dates, whether weekends or weekdays.

Cheers...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before travelling to the Mojave, you should be aware that the famous phone booth has been removed. Next thing ya know, they'll remove Half Dome from Yosemite!
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Before travelling to the Mojave, you should be aware that the famous phone booth has been removed. Next thing ya know, they'll remove Half Dome from Yosemite!
    Yeah, Ralph is right. The phone booth is gone. There have been a lot of changes in the desert in the past five years...portable toiletes, enormous caravans of RV's (literally, 100's of 'em in some spots) more and more land is closed each year - squeezing the increasing population of desert visitors onto smaller and smaller confines.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I am in Yorba Linda, and am always interested in going out to Joshua Tree, even for a day trip. Just let me know if you are interested at some point. Thanks,

John

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mojave again

Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm relatively new to LF (6 mos.) and pretty new to apug. I didn't realize I had to check back here for replies. I'm in LA most of June, so maybe we could go out for a day trip in the first week or two before it gets really really hot. I've wanted to do this for 2 years!

Thanks,

Cindy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What famous phone booth?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin