Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,629   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    An old thread, I realize. However, I am curious to know how the evening went. Anyone have images to post. Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It was excellent! A rare windless and warm SF evening. The highlight for me was meeting the wonderful Jim Collum and seeing his prints in the flesh.
    I'll try to scan some images and post them. If K&S do it again I highly recommend it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the reply. It must have been a wonderful evening, warm and windless to boot. Rare, indeed!

What was the approximate time frame, and how long were you on the Island?

I would love to be part of such a shoot. Hope you have an opportunity to post a few images.

mergross.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think we met at about 3pm at Pier 41, took a 1/2 hour boat ride and stayed until 9pm.
    The rangers were great, gave us all kinds of access that you don't get on the regular tours, including the basement with no light at all! Very spooky. K&S had lots of equipment for people to borrow.
    It is definitely more of a MF trip, we were moving too fast to do any LF, although the last hour was spent wandering solo.
    I'll look out those images and post them
    Rory

Shooter
    Large Format
    Great information.

I recently saw on KTVU that the basement tunnels will be open to the public in the near future. From what I could see, that area was fraught with photo possibilities.

Although I am a LF shooter, I would use my MF outfit for such an outing.

I look forward to your photos and hope that there will be another opportunity to visit in the near future.

Thanks,
    Merg

mergross.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin