Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,088   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Private Alcatraz Night Photograph Tour

On the evening October 10,2006, there will be a private photography tour of Alcatraz Island. The tour will include many areas of the island that are normally off limits to the general public.(ie the hospital, the kitchen, machine shops etc).The tour is going to be limited to 40 photographers since it will be guided by US Park Service Rangers. Tickets for this event are being sold through Keeble and Schucat Photography in Palo Alto.(http://www.kspphoto.com/activepages/events.html).

Anyone who is interested should contact Mary MacPherson at KSP as soon as possible as tickets are going quickly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lgpod1
    On the evening October 10,2006, there will be a private photography tour of Alcatraz Island. The tour will include many areas of the island that are normally off limits to the general public.(ie the hospital, the kitchen, machine shops etc).The tour is going to be limited to 40 photographers since it will be guided by US Park Service Rangers. Tickets for this event are being sold through Keeble and Schucat Photography in Palo Alto.(http://www.kspphoto.com/activepages/events.html).

Anyone who is interested should contact Mary MacPherson at KSP as soon as possible as tickets are going quickly.
    anyone make it on the list? (i'll be there, and am wondering who else from APUG)

jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I really WANTED to... but it will have to wait until next time. If you haven't done the night tour before, it is totally worth it. The behind-the-scenes access gets you in to see a number of areas that not only are off-limits during the day, but are extremely interesting as well. Unfortunately, the workshops and some of the other outbuildings are still closed to any visitors.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I tried, but it filled within a couple hours...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    I tried, but it filled within a couple hours...
    that's really too bad.... i'd of loved to have seen your 7x17 in action...

jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll be there. I'll be shooting my Hassy; I'll be the guy with the baby stroller filled with photo equip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    great!. i'll be running around with a cart, an Ebony 4x5, Tmax400, and a Betterlight scanning back/pano adapter.

should be a great shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by rgacpa View Post
    I'll be there. I'll be shooting my Hassy; I'll be the guy with the baby stroller filled with photo equip!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm totally jealous!! I'll look for you, Jim.
    I understand you may want to park close to Pier 41 as that is the pier we'll be returning too. Then walk to pier 39 which I think is the pier we're leaving from. That way when we return, you won't have to walk in the dark back to pier 39.
    You may want to call Mary at KSP for the details.
    I'll look for you and we'll talk about all the photos that got away :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! What a great opportunity. Can't wait to see the photos ya'll bring back!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jim,
    I just got an email from Mary at KSP. Departure is from Pier 33. Return is to Pier 41. There is parking at Pier 39 so that when you return you won't have to walk too far in the dark.
    My understanding is that the Park Rangers will open up parts of the Park that are normally closed to visitors; do you have any info on what those parts may be?
    See you soon,
    Bob
    PS - I'll be shooting HP4+ (I have my reciprocity chart :-)) and Provia 400 (don't need no stinkin' reciprocity chart!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin