Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,205   Online: 972

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Anyone from Central California?

I'm from Fresno, California and I've met other Californians here, but most come from SoCal, or the Bay area. I was wondering if anyone else came from Central California, more so the Central Valley in cities like Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia est.

It'd be nice to know I'm not the only one.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, I'm from the small town of Reedley, which is south of Fresno on the Kings River. I used to live on the coast, but am now getting used to the Central Valley. I find it quite hot here!

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, I'm from the small town of Reedley, which is south of Fresno on the Kings River. I used to live on the coast, but am now getting used to the Central Valley. I find it quite hot here!
    I know where Reedley is. Yeah, it does get really hot here. lol

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Alisha,
    Bakersfield here. I think I have met Jon once or twice at one of Per Volquartz's get togethers. I like the fact that we are central. There is good access to the best of California and the West.
    Welcome
    Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in San Luis Obispo. Would be nice to shoot some film with others. If any of you Central Valley folks are getting too hot and wanna cool down on a weekend, come out to the coast, eh? Let's go to Montana de Oro, or Guadalupe dunes, or Pt. Sal, San Simeon or ... further north. ? Ideas.. its beautiful coast around here!
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Central Valley. I live between Merced and Turlock. I teach photography at Merced High School where i still hang on to film cameras and darkroom. I personally use LF film, 4x5, but mainly 8x10.
    Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I lived in Bakersfield for almost ten years. But then I escaped.

Actually, I was living in B-Town when I first got interested in photography. Still have fond memories and lots of nice images from when I'd go roaming around taking pics. You live close to some beautiful scenic areas.

Best,

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltouch View Post
    I lived in Bakersfield for almost ten years.
    Oxymoron?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Point taken. OK, I resided there for almost 10 years.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm from Fresno. I'm taking a black & white photography class at Fresno City College. I'm taking pictures on the side too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin