Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,904   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Near Sacramento

Shooter
    35mm

Near Sacramento

Anybody have a particular favorite place to shoot near Sacramento? I know it is a little on the podunk side and nobody actually lives here but I'm getting bored with the river between my apartment and Sac State and I'm looking for places that would be worth the bike ride.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have enjoyed photographing along the levees near Rio Vista.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Old Town?? Towr Bridge?? River Front. Folsom long bike ride!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Old town is good I never think about it now that I moved from downtown to the east side of Sacramento. Folsom sure would be a long bike ride but I guess if I'm going out there for brewing supplies anyways I might as well get some shots (I do have a car I just hate to drive).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    also maybe a long bike ride, but the old bridges and levees along the Yolo bypass north of town around the airport are interesting subjects. More so after a good rain, does your bike have fenders?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Railroad museum!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Capitol park.. Effie-Yaw nature center.. K-street mall.. anywhere on the american river bike trail.. Davis Arboretum.. river delta..

Timing is everything in Sac.. halloween in oldtown is fun, sorry if you missed it. Right now try to concentrate on city/landscape right after a rainstorm. When it is dull and grey go shoot people, er, take photos of people.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh, and FYI, there is a brew supply shop on Auburn Blvd.. may be a bit closer to you than folsom, but not a plesent ride.
    I stopped by there once to get some grape tanin (for photo toning=])

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Oh, and FYI, there is a brew supply shop on Auburn Blvd.. may be a bit closer to you than folsom, but not a plesent ride.
    I stopped by there once to get some grape tanin (for photo toning=])
    That place is awful the employees there are downright rude the only day that they might have decent people is Sunday and that is if they decide to be open (they randomly close the store for no reason.) I'll stick to the brew shop in Folsom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    good to know.. im not a brewer but i play one on the net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin