Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,576   Posts: 1,545,711   Online: 781

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

San Francisco changes...

Hi all--
    Anyone in San Francisco, an FYI...Newlab & Just Film are moving! Starting December 2nd we will be open for business in our new home: 333 8th Street (@ Folsom.) Please come take a look at the new place sometime, say hi...maybe buy some film and drop some off for processing!

Thanks,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Matt, I missed going there last time as we were driving through but I'll stop by next time. I have fallen in love with the Zoo all over again, I first visited it when it was called the Fleishhacker Zoo before the change to San Francisco Zoo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Zoo.

My wife and I head to the kids area to see the Meerkats and Prairie Dogs. http://www.sfzoo.org/openrosters/Vie...49&orgkey=1821. They are treated like Royalty there right next to the beautiful Pacific Ocean. The Cliff house is near by and the Golden Gate and Ansel Adams lived close to the area too for those not familiar with the area, he lived there way back in the day as they say.

Matt, do you live in the city or commute in from a surrounding city? It's expensive to live there but it's one of my favorite cities in the World. My first stay there was on Treasure Island waiting to go to Vietnam.

Does your lab do mail order developing or is it all drop off? Thanks for the update on the move.

Curt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_ex_meerkats_and_prairie_dog_exhibit.jpg  
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Curt--
    Yep, I live in San Francisco proper...I love it. Expensive is right though! As for the lab, we do mail order from all over the country (and someone from Mexico--go figure!) I know that Volker (from Just Film) sends film all around the world, too.

The Meerkats prairie dogs are great, I always spend a long time watching them--so intense with what they are doing!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Whew! I'm glad you made this announcement. I'm shooting 100 portraits next month and am going to need some serious pro packs of 320 TXP in 200. I would be seriously bummed to show up at your old spot on shoot day and not find you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Matt,
    Is that where Faulkner used to be, years ago?
    Rory

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Across the street (diagonally) in the California Carpet building...
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin