Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,669   Online: 964

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaTom View Post
    I have just started LF too, but I also shoot MF. I process and print at home. I live in Marin.
    Amanda. I also have both a MF and a LF camera. I'm still putting together my LF (Sinar F2 minus lens!!). My MF is a Mamiya RB67. If you ever want to get together to go on a shooting trip, let me know. (My email is macandal at yahoo.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaTom View Post
    I have just started LF too, but I also shoot MF. I process and print at home. I live in Marin.
    Alias pommas?

Terry

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by odonate View Post
    Hello

I can not claim that I read through every post but... anyone else in the South Bay?? Morgan Hill or Gilroy??

Steve
    I'm in Morgan Hill..

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello All,

I have been living in Atlanta for the past four years but will be moving back to the Bay Area in a few weeks. I'd love to meet up with any photographers (beginners/experts) in the area. I'll be in Oakland.
    hadiyah daché
    minolta srt-101 35mm film shooter
    view my photos here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    daché,
    Welcome to APUG and welcome (back) to Oakland. After 4-years you may not recognize Uptown, a few things have changed, but I would recommend that you check out the Joyce Gordon Gallery near 14th and Brdwy. Joyce supports young artist/photographers. Although not young I may still submit an image or two to her upcoming juried exhibition. Btw my first camera was a SRT-101.

Terry

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tim is right, this place is a workaholic pressure cooker and sometimes you just veg on a weekend. But I've seen informal bunches of film users on weekends on Treasure Island by the main gate of the old Navy base and at the rest area on 101 just north of the Golden Gate. All looking for the definitive bridge shot!

I'm just a couple miles south of the foot of the bay. Out of the industrial ugliness there are some neat spots around Alviso and the baylands. You can hit them before work or on a lunch hour- though the noon light is a challenge. I shoot MF and 35mm, B&W with a little E6.

Also we again have a rental darkroom, this one on Stockton St between the San Jose Arena and Rte 87-
    http://www.siliconvalleydebug.com/da...kroomhome.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Tim is right, this place is a workaholic pressure cooker and sometimes you just veg on a weekend. But I've seen informal bunches of film users on weekends on Treasure Island by the main gate of the old Navy base and at the rest area on 101 just north of the Golden Gate. All looking for the definitive bridge shot!

I'm just a couple miles south of the foot of the bay. Out of the industrial ugliness there are some neat spots around Alviso and the baylands. You can hit them before work or on a lunch hour- though the noon light is a challenge. I shoot MF and 35mm, B&W with a little E6.

Also we again have a rental darkroom, this one on Stockton St between the San Jose Arena and Rte 87-
    http://www.siliconvalleydebug.com/da...kroomhome.html
    Alviso, one of my favorite places.

Ya learn something new every day. I'll check out your darkroom (for those months when it's inconvenient to put up with 90 degree darkrooms).

tim in san jose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 70707AlvisoDoorSmall.jpg  
    Where ever you are, there you be.

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've found the best way to uncover the film shooter scene in SF is to carry a film camera around. Over the past month I've had a few people approach me to ask about it (my Canonet RF or Pentax 6x7) and I've approached a few.

I just came back from shooting at the Carnaval parade in the mission district, where I met up with a large group of 35mm RF/SLR folks I know. I was there with my Crown Graphic 4x5 and Canonet. I talked to at least another half dozen film shooters out there on Bryant St, mostly TLR users! I also talked briefly with a group of school kids who were all shooting film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello out there,

I'm a MF (6x4.5 and 6x7) and LF (4x5) film shooter that lives in the East Bay (Hayward).

As a brief introduction, I started shooting MF (6x7) in August of 2000 and progressed to 4x5 a couple of years later. Earlier this year I finally completed my darkroom (4x5 enlarger in the bedroom, wet side in the bathroom, and Jobo in the kitchen) and shoot, develope, and print in B&W and Color (C-41 and E-6).

Would love to meet some of you!

Thomas

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Would anyone be interested in a group get together/shooting outing or something?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin