Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,440   Online: 1119

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Absolutely!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a group get together/shooting outing or something?
    yeah!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd be interested to.
    Roger

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds good guys. It looks like we're spread from San Mateo to San Rafael. Any thoughts on meeting places? I'm happy to travel/shoot anywhere. Muir Woods, Drawbridge, something like that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds good guys. It looks like we're spread from San Mateo to San Rafael. Any thoughts on meeting places? I'm happy to travel/shoot anywhere. Muir Woods, Drawbridge, something like that?
    Is it even possible to get to Drawbridge any more? There once was a photographer who who led tours out there through a program put on by the wildlife refuge in Newark, but that was stopped by Union Pacific after they bought out Southern Pacific. You had to cross over to the island by walking over one of their bridges, and UP did not want to deal with the liability that presented.

If you do go out there, make sure that somebody is watching for trains at all times. A lookout who can warn of approaching trains is absolutely necessary. The track that runs through Drawbridge is quite busy, the trains are running fast on this part of the line, and you might not hear them until they are almost on top of you.

Mike
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You can get close from the Alviso side, but you're still looking at it across the slough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    East Bay here!

What would be the subject matter: Landscape, seascape, cityscape, architecture...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    How about Angel Island? Lots of trees, old buildings and a cool boat ride.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In the mean time, you're all invited for a little wine and snacks, Friday, July 3rd, at the Joyce Gordon Gallery, I have a piece in the show. The gallery is at 406 14th St, Oakland, a half a block away from the 12th Street BART station, north exit (on 14th).

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is on short notice, but how about photographing a real ghost town this Saturday, 20 June? For further info http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Ph...hers-Explorers. It's a private group (I'm the organizer) so you'll have to join but it's free. Once you are a member click on the calendar for Saturday, 20 June New Idria Ghost Town Meetup. If you want to come, just RSVP. Any question, e-mail me off the Meetup website.

Thomas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin