Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,577   Online: 1009

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Greetings fellow photographers. I am still settling in to life in San Jose, and am preparing to pack and ship my darkroom from Maine to California, but since I don't have a space to set up a new darkroom, the equipment will all be going into storage for the time being. I continue to use a rental darkroom in San Jose, but I can't work in large format there, and it is difficult to do a lot of the things that I would like to do. Does anybody know of a space that I might be able to rent inexpensively to set up a LF darkroom, or perhaps an underused darkroom that I could rent time in?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know about underused, but if you don't mind the schlep up to San Francisco, RayKo has wonderful facilities to accommodate large format darkroom work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second the vote for RayKo. They have a great place. B&W or color.

If you need film, let me know! (website close, but still not complete....)

http://www.glasskeyphoto.com
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks guys - I had discounted RayKo since I hate driving, but since it looks like they are walking distance from the Caltrain station, I will have to try them out....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    They are within walking distance from Caltrain and that is how I get there from San Mateo. I'll throw in my Rayko recommendation, definitely a good resource. And for food and coffee there's a Wholefoods and a Peet's Coffee and Tea a block away.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glass Key Photo at 448 Haight Street in San Francisco is a great place to visit. They are inside of Rooky Ricardo's Records, itself a great shop; Glass Key has hard to find film, paper, ink and chemistry ... and if you have a turntable (and like old fashioned bottled root beer) you will be in heaven. They even carry 127 format.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Update in case anybody else is interested:

I have been in San Jose for a little over 2 years now. The Debug darkroom which is close to my house just doesn't meet my needs, so I have been using RayKo who have a great facility, but they are just too far away to be useful. Although I am renting, I am building a darkroom in the garage. My darkroom will be 8x10', will allow me to go back to using my enlarger which IMHO is the finest enlarger ever made (Ilford MG600 - a rebranded Durst Multigraph), and will be able to print up to 16x20. If all goes according to plan I hope to be printing in the spring.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Update in case anybody else is interested:

I have been in San Jose for a little over 2 years now. The Debug darkroom which is close to my house just doesn't meet my needs, so I have been using RayKo who have a great facility, but they are just too far away to be useful. Although I am renting, I am building a darkroom in the garage. My darkroom will be 8x10', will allow me to go back to using my enlarger which IMHO is the finest enlarger ever made (Ilford MG600 - a rebranded Durst Multigraph), and will be able to print up to 16x20. If all goes according to plan I hope to be printing in the spring.
    Darkroom is complete and functional. I posted some pictures and a description in the Darkroom Portraits (II) thread....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Darkroom is complete and functional. I posted some pictures and a description in the Darkroom Portraits (II) thread....
    Link?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sionnac View Post
    Glass Key Photo at 448 Haight Street in San Francisco is a great place to visit. They are inside of Rooky Ricardo's Records, itself a great shop; Glass Key has hard to find film, paper, ink and chemistry ... and if you have a turntable (and like old fashioned bottled root beer) you will be in heaven. They even carry 127 format.
    UPDATE: They're moving right next door to their current location. They should be there by Tuesday, October 16th. I was just there Sunday and the owner told me the news. Also, next door to Glass Key, there is a little art gallery with some paintings and a few pictures. Go visit them.

Agree about Glass Key. Competitive prices and a small but very good variety. They carry Adox paper!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin