Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,347   Online: 1011

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    rangefinderforumdotcom. A bunch of wankers that get together for "Beer & Gear" meetings, ie: an equipment circle jerk.
    Got it.

You mean I won't be able to show you guys that my 4x5 is bigger than all of yours?

Wow, didn't expect to have this many people interested in it. I guess I better start planning this thing.

And, no, I wouldn't want it to be a gearhead-type meeting. I was thinking more along the lines of learning more about photography. Particularly, learning more about 4x5, my main interest. Thanks all. Good to see that there is an interest for a group in San Francisco.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'd be happy to simply meet for a coffee or some beers....no talk of gear or technique...maybe some discussion of places, trails and the like.

There is, in fact, a meetup group in the bay area. they're focused on Large Format outings. I can never remember the url though.
    Last edited by BradS; 10-20-2012 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.meetup.com/SFBayAreaLFers

Come on out and join us one of these days. We do spend time talking about gear, in addition to shooting. We try to meet once a month, but that doesn't always happen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in San Mateo, mid SF peninsula.
    I have been trying to restart myself in film for a while. I rebuilt my camera kits; 35mm, MF (6x6) and LF (4x5). I just need to get my butt out of the house and shoot. I'm also trying to build a darkroom, so I can print again. I got a 4x5 enlarger off CraigsList, I just need the darkroom so I can set it up.

A group shoot/get together would be nice to help move me along.

Can a complete LF novice join the LF group?
    I need all the help I can get.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am in San Francisco. I have moved from digital to film in 2008/2009. I shoot primarily 6x7, but occasionally 4x5. Recently, I attended a lighting workshop at the Candy Factory in Fremont - I was the only film shooter there. It was a great event and I learned a lot about lighting. Below is one of the shots I got on my trusty Pentax 645 with 67 165 lens via Pentax adapter. Incidentally, I developed it at home too, so I kept the entire process in my hands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sammi Jo 2.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I miss living in The City (and bay in general). Even though I'm born and raised out here in the Valley I do love SF.

If there are any of you who make it through Stockton or are close by, I would love to meet up for a walk and shoot or bike and shoot. I live right on the historic Miracle Mile, just one block from Gluskin's Camera. I shoot 35mm RF and SLR, but am looking to get into LF and developing at home.

Anyways, I just want someone to shoot with. My wife doesn't share the same passion for photography that I do.

-Xander

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin