Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,049   Online: 761

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Driving I-40: Needles to Barstow

I will be driving I-40 tomorrow and need a safe, clean place to stay between Needles and Barstow.

Any recommendations?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's not much between those two towns, except 2 hours of interstate driving.
    Of couse you can stay south of I 40 on the old highway east of Ludlow, slower but more interesting, and even less places to stay. IIRC there was a motel in Ludlow, but I can't say for sure, went thru there a couple of years ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Never mind.

My wife, baby and me drove all the way to Santa Monica.

Just checked in

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad you made it in. Welcome to L.A.

How are the driving conditions along the 40 right now? I am leaving Monday for D.C. and want to have an idea of when I am going to need to cut down south to get to Houston after visiting some spots in northern AZ and NM.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-08-2009 at 06:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I-40 was perfect except for the west bound side just after Needles. They had it down to one lane.

Otherwise, all was perfect.

We did see LOTS and LOTS of cops. Just a heads up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2F/2F,
    I'm in Nashville, but I've got I-40 between Little Rock and Knoxville nailed down. Let me know if you have any questions about pitstops between the two if you find yourself on I-40 instead of I-10.
    Chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Delorme Street Atlas finds no accomodations between those two points! taking the lead of an earlier post, Ludlow Motel:

"This is the only lodging available in Ludlow, which is about 60 miles east of Barstow on I-40. For roughly $50 per night this was a nice stay. The room was clean, the A/C worked very well, the room had a large TV w/satellite programming (20 channels) and the beds were more comfortable than some national budget chains. Would stay..."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin