Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,936   Online: 872

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Temporary lens swap wanted in L.A. Sinar DB or regular 75mm needed.

Hello,

I need a 75mm (or 72mm) large format lens for a project that I will be shooting through the end of May. I need it on a Sinar board in its own shutter, or in a DB mount. It would be great to do a temporary trade with a local APUGer. I am in Los Angeles. I suppose the trade could be done by mail as well, if needed.

If you have the lens, but not a Sinar board, I can rent or purchase a board for it.

I have the following large format lenses to trade for the three months:

Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f/4.5 in DB mount
    Schneider Super-Angulon 121mm f/8.0 in DBM mount (the M makes the aperture controllable on any camera, and you can use a hat for a shutter, or flash)
    Rodenstock Sironar S 210mm f/5.6 in DB mount
    Schneider Symmar S 240mm f/5.6 in DB mount
    Schneider Symmar S 360mm f/6.8 in DB mount
    Schneider/Linhof Tele-Xenar 180mm f/5.5 on Graflex press board (Designed for the baby Graflexes, but does cover 4x5 with soft edges and no movements, especially in close focus situations. It makes very beautiful close-up images, actually.)
    Unmounted Wolly 90mm f/6.8 in Graphex shutter
    Unmounted Kodak Copying Ektanon 540mm f/11 barrel lens
    Unmounted old meniscus barrel lens that I got from Jim Galli not too long ago

I also have a B&J Grover 8x10 with 5x7 and 4x5 backs that I am not using any time soon. I have two lens boards for it, one of which accepts the 540mm listed above.

On the way from eBay, just because it was such a great deal and I want a manual aperture on a 240 for my shutterless 5x7, is a Nikkor-W 240mm f/5.6 in DBM mount.

See anything on this list that you would like to use in the next three months?

I take good care of my large format stuff, and would take even better care of your lens while it is in my possession.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-07-2009 at 02:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin