Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,859   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format

Alabama Hills Area, California - September 4-7, 2009

Just putting out feelers... I plan on photographing in the Alabama Hills area near Lone Pine, CA on September 4-7. It would be cool to meet up with other photographers.

If interested just let me know. I will set up a meeting time and location.

-Daniel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I wont be there but it is a great location. You expect to see John Wayne coming around the corner at any time.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dperez, I'm thinking I'd like to go there but debating on Pers outing in Oct. All ready signed up for Tanopah in Nov. don't know what the better half would say. Right know biding on a ansco 5x7 camera on ebay, hopefully my small bid will land it in my hands. The Alabama Hills would be a great place to try it out,was there 20 years ago its a great place.

Mike C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I wont be there but it is a great location. You expect to see John Wayne coming around the corner at any time.
    -rob
    I agree that it is a great location. I cannot go there when the OP is going because of conflicts.

However, if I "see John Wayne coming around the corner", I will run the other way as fast as I can. I hear that he is not in all that great shape now, and frankly I would rather skip that! :o:o

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Dperez, I'm thinking I'd like to go there but debating on Pers outing in Oct. All ready signed up for Tanopah in Nov. don't know what the better half would say. Right know biding on a ansco 5x7 camera on ebay, hopefully my small bid will land it in my hands. The Alabama Hills would be a great place to try it out,was there 20 years ago its a great place.

Mike C
    No worries Mike, I will try to set something up againat some other time. I've got some other locations in mind as well. For one, I am interested in the Point Reyes area, so maybe something can be worked out later.

I also discovered a very intriguing area near the Los Padres National Forest within 30-40 miles of the I-5. I will post some more info about the area and a picture later, I can't recall the name of the place, but there are a lot of rolling hills all side-lit in the late afternoon, and I just found this area to be a real gem.

Take care,

-Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel, that sounds good, do let me know. Lately went to the bike path under the 91frwy & 110 frwy, along the concert riverbed to photograph. I will be busy this week so have yourself a good time.

Mike C.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin